Monday, August 2, 2010

ahem, i have an announcement


well, this will be old news to some of you - but in less than three weeks the husband and i will be leaving birmingham for the gateway to the west: st. louis. then we will be staying there. honestly, it's that second part - the part where we stay there - that is a little hard for me to take. don't get me wrong, i'm excited, we have big plans for the lou. i'm sure it will love us (justin has a past with the city, so we've got that going for us) and maybe, maybe, i will one day love it. but not like i love birmingham, not like i love the south with its sweltering heat, one snow per winter, and football obsessions. i can't talk about it right now. instead, i'll just leave you with this: the view from the nosebleeds of busch stadium. readers, meet my soon to be home.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ugh. Moving sucks. There's just no getting around that. BUT, I'm very excited to see what the Lou has in store for you (if nothing less than a few Nelly sightings...). AND... I can't wait to come visit.

Is it ok if I bring my kid or should I leave him with Howard?