Wednesday, August 27, 2008

travelin' prayer

what i'm listening to: dolly "granny" parton singing 'he's gonna marry me'
what's new on my face: a raw red spot on my chin from sliding my face across a moonbounce obstacle course.

For all of you who don't know me very well, I'm a little obsessed with Dolly Parton.
On my old blog, there was an entire entry about how i wish she were my grandmother. (it will reappear on my greatest hits blog) and that love has continued to grow. I now have an 8x10 of Granny Dolly in my office, I listen to her music often, and now i've finally taken the pilgrimage to her home town of Sevierville, TN. Let me explain:

Justin and I needed a bit of a break from the 'ham. Luckily Jay and Janice went a little off their rockers and bought a cozy little cabin in the smokies. By 'cozy little cabin' i mean a sprawling masterpiece of wood and mountian themed prints with three bedrooms, a tiny little arcade (galaga, air hockey, pool table and jukebox) and a hot tub overlooking the smokies. Oh, and its like 2 minutes outside of Gatlinburg - which my family refers to as myrtle beach in the mountains. In my dad's words. . . .its an investment. I'm just glad that its more fun than stocks, cd's, IRAs and other things i can't actually touch.

So we got away and i did some research and found out that we would be driving RIGHT BY THE STATUE OF DOLLY!!!!!! And i made Justin stop. I told him it was a 'surprise that he would really like.' Wellll, he liked that I liked it. Here I am looking lovingly into Granny Dolly's eyes. . .


On the way we had lots of other adventures, like going to the Tennessee Aquarium
to see penguins, sea turtles, sea horses, and lots and lots of fish. . .





Plus, we got to go hiking on the Appalachian trail, play put put, and hang out in the hot tub. Let me just say this, vacations are the best.

No comments: