Tuesday, September 2, 2008

married life: my talents as a wife


what i love about fall: football season, especially gamecock football
what i don't love about fall: when the gamecocks lose "in front of all my friends"

yes, i actually said that to justin on thursday night "i can't believe the gamecocks lost . . . and its worse that it was in front of all my friends." I was sad, real sad.  And yes, i had friends over and i made them watch the game (although, mario kart provided a lovely distraction - and since we're in the habit of turning our living room into a mini sports bar with multiple tvs, we were able to do two things at once - watch my team lose and watch me lose personally. it was a rough night).  So we learned that i am not talented at being a graceful loser.  But you know what made up for it? The fried chicken.  That's right. Our menu: oven fried chicken, mac and cheese, conch peas cooked with a ham hock and rolls. I'm like Paula Dean or something. It was so good, in fact, that i plan on posting the recipe very soon.  I've learned that the only strength i really have as a wife is that i really like to cook. And wear cute aprons. Actually, i'm pretty sure i love to cook b/c of the cute aprons.  I'm a sucker for them, i have, like 6 and i feel like i could totally justify a few more.  

Also, lets all note how ironic it is that i cooked fried chicken, and that's about what the cocks turned in to. sad sad day. 

No comments: