Saturday, November 22, 2008

thanksgiving feast


so this is my first thanksgiving as a married girl, and my first thanksgiving away from home.  today i forgot that for a little bit. i was letting my mind wander and got to remembering those cool construction paper indian feather headbands and i REALLY got an urge to make one and wear it. you know, to remember those people who helped us white people eat on the first thanksgiving.  plus, pretending to be an indian lets me escape from my exceptionally fair skin. anyway, i thought that it would be fun to make everyone in my family one, and then we could all wear them around the thanksgiving table. (i mean, we've done formal wear, we've done pajamas, this is the obvious next choice). then i remembered that i won't be home for thanksgiving. sad. and i also realized that i'm not quite that comfortable with my in laws. i might pack my craft kit just in case. . . 

No comments: