Monday, February 16, 2009

twitter, toast and twilight

 I have officially been "you won't-ed" to post every day for two weeks. i did ask for it, but it turns out that it might be kind of difficult. my life is really not that interesting and you are all about to find out exactly how uninteresting it is. here's what's been going on.
 Late last night i joined twitter. Now, i'm not real sure what to do with it, since i haven't yet figured out how to update it from my phone or why "following" someone does not count as stalking. Amelia convinced me to join and i'm still a little baffled about it - since i don't even do status updates on facebook and that's about all twitter IS. i mean, i would tell you how to check out twitter and look at what i'm doing. but i don't really know where to tell you to go. all i know right now, is that it has to do with the internet and i have not yet found a suitable profile picture. 
  This morning i had the best french toast i've ever had. it was at a barbecue place in homewood called Demetri's.  i walked in to meet two of my girls. they were sitting on the same side of a table, and they happily (yet firmly) informed me that i had two options (despite the menu that said i had many others). my options were the french toast or the hot cakes. i am SO glad that i went with the french toast. it was amazing. i don't know what they did to it, but it was so good. also, they served really good coffee, which is surprising for a barbecue place but important to me.  
  Do you have a dollar movie in your town? Because if you do you should go there all the time. today i saw twilight for the second time for only $1. that means i didn't feel guilty about spending $10 on popcorn and drinks. and i'll say this, its just a good movie. i might have even liked it better the second time. plus, i'm pretty sure the scenery will convince me to move to Washington State and Robert Pattinson will convince me that vampires are awesome.
  That's it. all i've got for today. maybe tomorrow's post will come with pictures . . .
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you, whoever challenged you to do this. my google reader is so much happier with your name on it!!

and I am here to tell you that your Washington state dreams can come (partially) true. I'm moving to Seattle for the summer and you can come visit. Its a stretch because we live in the same state now and never see each other but Seattle is way cooler than Auburn and I hope that tempts you...

h