Sunday, March 22, 2009

just a few things i need to get out there. . .

right now i just can't focus on only one thing (when it comes to blogging and in life in general). here's some of the items in my mental shopping cart right now:

- i just checked my brackets and i am DEAD LAST in both leagues. one of the leagues has 20 people which means i am worse at picking winners than 19 of my closest birmingham friends. awesome.

-i think i am a "foodie" or maybe would like to BE a "foodie." i'm not quite sure of the requirements. part of that is a fantastic new cookbook courtesy of amazon used books, and a newly discovered (by me anyway) food blog called orangette. sigh. i just don't think my blog will EVER be as interesting as hers. 

-my inner hippie is starting to resurface.  mj and i went bouldering and its like it all came rushing back. i want to grow things on my apartment porch and join a farmers co-op.  my porch, however, gets only 5-7 hours of sunlight a day and the farmers want a lot of my money for their locally organic grown produce. we'll see how this plays out.

-i would like for this week to be more productive and feel less scattered than last week (which was supposed to be super laid back but ended up being quite unsettling).  

-sara and paul are married!!!! i am so very excited about them. and a little nervous because they named me the godmother of their dog, sandy. what if she dies while i'm taking care of her? oh, i should explain, the littens now reside here at our apartment complex. this should have been first but due to being a larger, heavier item, it had to be placed at the bottom of the mental shopping cart. so as not to crush the bread. 

-i'm beginning to think in twitters. it scares me.  


more to come. perhaps expanding on these issues, perhaps with a whole new load of issues. i guess we shall see.
"

No comments: