Tuesday, July 20, 2010

a snapshot of my actual summer


well, we got home this past friday from a senior high trip to south carolina, which left me with several bruises and pictures of me on facebook looking like this*:

i'm not sure which is more painful. in an hour we're hitting the road again, this time with a bus full of jr. high kids. where are we going? it's a mystery! no seriously, that's the premise of the trip. they have no idea where we're going. and, in the off chance that one of those 13 year olds takes a break from facebook to look elsewhere on the world wide web for yours truly, i can't tell you where i'm going. here's a huge hint though: tonight i get to hang out with the every extraordinary kelley. i'm about to wet my pants. here's to hoping that this trip leaves me with better souvenirs than my last one!

*most of you know me in real life, which means the utter awkwardness of this picture will not shock or surprise you at all. why did i put this here, on my blog? no idea. i guess i feel the need to prove to you all that i'm so secure that i can take it. either that, or it's just the sad truth that this is my life and i want to share it with you as honestly as possible.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

icantwait
icantwait
icantwait
icantwait
icantwait
icantwait
icantwait
icantwait

carrie dirks said...

I think it's a great pic! hee hee...I love your cyber-vulnerability.