Monday, May 25, 2009

a good excuse for cobbler



so todays pic is the FABULOUS blackberry cobbler that we made last night. yes, we. me and my sister-in-law.  i mean, blackberries are in season and pretty cheap. why would you not make cobbler? plus, there was some vanilla frozen yogurt in my freezer just begging for a companion (which i tried to give her last night in the form of a peanut butter/chocolate chip concoction - but that was a huge fail.)  i used the recipe that you can find here and it was totally simple and absolutely tasty.  let me warn you, it has to cook for an hour. so if you are like me and tend to be a little on the impatient side be prepared to exercise some self control.  (or to distract yourself with some hardcore huensch family mario kart) once out of the oven its all brown and golden and perfect.  sigh. and it looks so cute in my new little latte bowls. 

on another note: i want an internet nickname for myself. any suggestions?


No comments: