Tuesday, May 19, 2009

guests are the bests



oh my word, it is so pretty outside. 65 degrees, sunny and breezy. it almost makes a whole weekend full of rain and cold worth it.  the weekend wasn't all bad though. in fact, it wasn't even a little bad. you know why. . . . because jay and janice and jean brown were here!!

and the bad news is that i just tried to look at my photos of us, and they're all fuzzy. boo. so just take my word for it - we're a beautiful family who isn't afraid to have spend the night parties that include all 5 of us in a tiny two bedroom apartment. huge kudos to my parents who slept on air mattresses.  

we had an awesome weekend. they came, we ate, we visited, we slept a little, ate, visited, ate, visited, ate, visited. and somewhere in there we drove around the city to show my grandmother jean the fabulous sights and sounds (and tastes) of birmingham, al.  she loved it. we loved how much she loved it.  

they also came bearing gifts. yes, mom did her typical thing and brought me little things for my home AND two BOXES full of little letters, keepsakes, pictures, etc that have been just taking up space in my old room. let me tell you, sitting with your husband and parents and grandmother and going through all the things you thought were important enough to keep when you were in 9th grade is a weird experience.  how about the notes from boys at camp? or the notes from friends about the boys at camp? plus countless yearbook pictures, prom memorabilia and some congratulatory letters from the sc house of representatives? (seriously, there were two - one on being a beauty pageant runner up and the other on winning the state SAT championship. i'm a huge nerd). it was really amazing how much stuff i threw out. 

if i were smart enough to keep my camera battery charged i would have pictures of my boxes of junk - all artsy like. but i'm not. but my goal for the next 10 days is to take at least one picture each day. yeah, i like that. one pic a day for the next 10 days. done. i said it. look forward to that.

No comments: